The Ford Explorer is one of the most iconic and successful SUVs in the history of the automotive industry. Since its debut in 1990, the Explorer has sold over 8 million units in the US alone and has been a leader in innovation, performance, and versatility. The Explorer has evolved over the years from a rugged, truck-based off-roader to a refined, car-like crossover. But the Explorer has never lost its adventurous spirit and its ability to explore new horizons.
The 2025 Ford Explorer is this legendary SUV's latest and greatest iteration. It is the most advanced, powerful, and efficient Explorer ever, and it offers a range of features and options that cater to different needs and preferences. Whether you are looking for a family-friendly hauler, a sporty performer, a luxury cruiser, or a hybrid saver, the Ford Explorer has something for you. Let’s take a closer look at what makes the Ford Explorer the SUV that lives up to its name.
A Bold and Modern Design
The 2025 Ford Explorer has a bold, modern design reflecting its capabilities and personality. The exterior features a sleek and aerodynamic shape, with a prominent grille, LED headlights, and a sculpted hood. The Explorer also has a muscular stance, with large wheels, flared fenders, and a high ground clearance. The Explorer is available in 10 different colors, including Atlas Blue, Carbonized Gray, and Rapid Red.
The interior of the new Ford Explorer is spacious and comfortable, with seating for up to seven passengers and a cargo capacity of up to 87.8 cubic feet. The Explorer also offers a variety of premium materials and finishes, such as leather, wood, and metal. The Explorer also has a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system. The Explorer also has many smart and convenient features, such as wireless charging, Wi-Fi hotspot, and a power liftgate.
A Powerful and Efficient Performance
The 2025 Ford Explorer has a powerful and efficient performance that can handle any road and any challenge. The Explorer offers four different engine options, each with its own strengths and characteristics. The engine options are:
- A 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine that delivers 300 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque. This engine is standard on the Explorer, XLT, and Limited trims and can tow up to 5,300 pounds.
- A 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6 engine that delivers 365 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine is standard on the Platinum trim, and it can tow up to 5,600 pounds.
- A 3.3-liter hybrid engine that combines a V6 engine with an electric motor and a 10-speed automatic transmission. This engine delivers 318 horsepower and 322 lb-ft of torque, and it can tow up to 5,000 pounds. This engine is standard on the Limited Hybrid trim, and it offers an estimated fuel economy of 27 mpg in city and 29 mpg on highway.
- A 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6 engine that delivers 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque. This engine is standard on the ST trim, and it can tow up to 5,600 pounds. This engine is the most powerful and sporty option, and it offers an estimated fuel economy of 18 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
The new Ford Explorer also has a sophisticated and responsive drivetrain that enhances its performance and handling. The Explorer has a rear-wheel-drive platform that improves its balance and agility and an intelligent four-wheel-drive system that optimizes traction and stability. The Explorer also has a terrain management system that allows the driver to choose from seven different modes, such as Normal, Trail, Deep Snow/Sand, and Tow/Haul. The Explorer also has a hill descent control system that helps the driver navigate steep slopes safely and smoothly.
A Safe and Smart Technology
The 2025 Ford Explorer has a safe and smart technology that protects and assists the driver and the passengers. The Explorer has a comprehensive suite of advanced driver-assist features, such as:
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, which detects potential collisions and applies the brakes automatically to avoid or mitigate them.
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert, which alerts the driver of vehicles in the blind spots and behind the vehicle when reversing.
- Lane-Keeping System, which monitors the lane markings and helps the driver stay in the lane or correct the steering if the vehicle drifts out of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering, which maintains a set speed and distance from the vehicle ahead and adjusts the speed and steering according to the traffic and road conditions.
- Evasive Steering Assist, which helps the driver steer around obstacles and avoid collisions.
- Active Park Assist 2.0, which helps the driver park the vehicle in parallel or perpendicular spaces with the push of a button.
The new Ford Explorer also has a smart and connected technology that enhances the driver's and passengers' entertainment and convenience. The Explorer has a SYNC 4A system that integrates the vehicle's infotainment, navigation, and communication functions. The SYNC 4A system has a voice-activated feature that allows the driver to control the system with natural and conversational commands. The SYNC 4A system also has a wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto feature that allows the driver to access the apps and services of their smartphone on the touchscreen. The SYNC 4A system also has a FordPass Connect feature that allows the driver to access and control the vehicle via a smartphone app remotely. The FordPass Connect feature can lock and unlock the doors, start and stop the engine, check the fuel level, locate the vehicle, and more.