The Skoda Kodiaq is one of the most popular SUVs in Europe, offering a spacious and versatile interior, a range of efficient powertrains, and a distinctive design. For 2024, the Skoda Kodiaq has been redesigned with a more powerful appearance, sustainable performance, and stylish interior. Here are some of the highlights of the new Skoda Kodiaq.
Exterior: Powerful Appearance and Modern Design Language
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq features a more dynamic and muscular look, with sharper lines, bolder details, and larger dimensions. The front end is dominated by a new hexagonal grille flanked by slimmer LED headlights with integrated daytime running lights. The bumper has been reshaped with larger air intakes and a chrome strip that connects the fog lights. The hood has also been sculpted with more prominent creases.
The side profile of the Skoda Kodiaq showcases its generous proportions, with a length of 4.7 meters (15.4 feet), a width of 1.88 meters (6.2 feet), and a height of 1.68 meters (5.5 feet). The wheelbase is 2.79 meters (9.2 feet), which allows for a spacious cabin with up to seven seats. The Skoda Kodiaq offers a choice of 17-, 18-, 19-, or 20-inch alloy wheels, depending on the trim level. The roofline slopes gently towards the rear, where the new LED taillights feature a crystalline design inspired by Czech glassmaking. The tailgate has been redesigned with a more pronounced spoiler and a chrome strip that connects the taillights. The rear bumper has also been updated with a diffuser and trapezoidal exhaust tips.
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq introduces the first elements of the new modern solid design language, which emphasizes clarity, precision, and solidity. The Skoda Kodiaq is available in nine exterior colors, including four new ones: Lava Blue, Quartz Grey, Titanium Blue, and Crystal Black.
Interior: Spacious Design and Sustainable Materials
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq offers a comfortable and elegant interior, combining a spacious design and innovative controls with sustainable materials. The dashboard has been redesigned with a horizontal layout, featuring a new 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and online services such as navigation, weather, traffic, and news. The instrument cluster is also digital, with a 10.25-inch display that can be customized to show different information. The center console has been simplified, with fewer buttons and knobs and more storage space.
The seats of the Skoda Kodiaq are ergonomically designed, with adjustable lumbar support and optional massage function. The front seats can also be heated, ventilated, and electrically adjusted. The second row of seats can be slid forward or backward by up to 18 centimeters (7 inches) and reclined or folded flat. The third row of seats can be folded flat or removed completely, depending on the configuration. The Skoda Kodiaq offers a generous cargo space of up to 2,065 liters (72.9 cubic feet) with all seats folded.
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq uses sustainable materials throughout the interior, such as recycled plastic bottles for the seat covers, recycled wood for the dashboard trim, and vegan leather for the steering wheel and gear lever. The Skoda Kodiaq also features ambient lighting with up to 30 colors to choose from, as well as a panoramic sunroof that lets in more natural light.
Powertrains: More Sustainable Than Ever
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq offers a range of more sustainable powertrains, with plug-in and mild hybrid technology for the first time in the model’s history. The Skoda Kodiaq is available with three gasoline engines, two diesel engines, and one plug-in hybrid engine.
- The gasoline engines are all turbocharged four-cylinder units, with displacements ranging from 1.5 to 2 liters (91 to 122 cubic inches). They produce power outputs from 150 to 245 horsepower (112 to 183 kilowatts) and torque outputs from 250 to 370 Newton-meters (184 to 273 pound-feet). They are paired with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
- The diesel engines are also turbocharged four-cylinder units with displacements of 2 liters (122 cubic inches). They produce power outputs from 150 to 200 horsepower (112 to 149 kilowatts) and torque outputs from 360 to 400 Newton-meters (266 to 295 pound-feet). They are paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. They also feature a selective catalytic reduction system that reduces nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 80 percent.
- The plug-in hybrid engine is a combination of a 1.4-liter (85 cubic inches) turbocharged gasoline engine and an electric motor, with a total system output of 245 horsepower (183 kilowatts) and a torque output of 400 Newton-meters (295 pound-feet). It is paired with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. It has a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 13 kilowatt-hours, which allows for an electric range of up to 60 kilometers (37 miles) and a combined fuel consumption of 1.8 liters per 100 kilometers (130 miles per gallon).
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq also features a mild hybrid system for some of the gasoline engines, which uses a belt-driven starter-generator and a 48-volt battery to boost power and reduce fuel consumption and emissions. The Skoda Kodiaq also has a start-stop system, a coasting function, and an active cylinder management system that deactivates two cylinders when the engine load is low.
Safety: State-of-the-Art Assistance Systems
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq is equipped with new and improved state-of-the-art assistance systems that provide maximum protection for the driver, passengers, and other road users. The Skoda Kodiaq features:
- Adaptive cruise control maintains a safe distance from the vehicle in front and adjusts the speed according to the traffic situation.
- Lane assist helps the driver stay in the lane and warns of unintentional lane changes.
- Traffic sign recognition displays the current speed limit and other relevant signs on the instrument cluster.
- Blind spot detection warns of vehicles in the blind spot or approaching from behind when changing lanes.
- Rear cross traffic alert warns of vehicles crossing behind when reversing out of a parking spot or driveway.
- Emergency assist detects if the driver is incapacitated and takes over the steering, braking, and hazard lights to bring the vehicle to a safe stop.
- Travel assist combines adaptive cruise control, lane assist, traffic sign recognition, and emergency assist to provide semi-autonomous driving in certain situations.
- Park assist helps the driver park in parallel or perpendicular spaces by automatically steering, accelerating, and braking.
- Area view uses cameras around the vehicle to provide a 360-degree view of the surroundings on the touchscreen.
- Front assist monitors the distance from the vehicle in front and warns of potential collisions. It also includes pedestrian and cyclist detection and automatic emergency braking.
- Side assist warns of vehicles approaching from behind or from the side when changing lanes or exiting a highway.
- Maneuver assist detects obstacles in front or behind the vehicle when maneuvering at low speeds and automatically brakes if necessary.
The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq also features up to nine airbags, including front, side, curtain, knee, and center airbags. It also has an electronic stability control system, an anti-lock braking system, an electronic differential lock, a hill hold control, a hill descent control, and a multi-collision brake system.