The Nissan Rogue is one of the most popular compact SUVs in the US market, offering a spacious cabin, a smooth ride, and a range of advanced safety and technology features. For 2024, the Rogue has received a refreshed design, a new Google built-in system, and some enhancements to the top-of-the-line Platinum trim. The 2024 Rogue also boasts the best gas-engine fuel economy and the most standard safety features in its class, making it a great choice for families and commuters alike. Now, we will look at what’s new and remains the same in the 2024 Nissan Rogue and how it compares to some of its main competitors.
What’s New in the 2024 Nissan Rogue?
The most noticeable change in the 2024 Rogue is the new front and rear fascias, which give the crossover a more modern and sophisticated look. The Rogue also features a new version of Nissan’s signature V-motion grille, new inner taillights, and satin-finish exterior badges. The Rogue is available in nine exterior colors, including four new ones: Everest White Pearl, Deep Ocean Blue Pearl, Baja Storm, and some two-tone options with a black roof.
The 2024 Nissan Rogue is the first Nissan available with Google built-in, which integrates Google Assistant, Google Maps, and more from Google Play on a 12.3-inch color touchscreen (SL, Platinum grades). With Google built-in, drivers can access their favorite Google services without pairing or plugging in a phone and use their existing Google Account information to get personalized recommendations, directions, and reminders. For example, drivers can ask Google to make calls, send messages, play music, check the weather, and more with voice commands. They can also use Google Maps to get real-time traffic updates, turn-by-turn navigation, and offline maps. Additionally, they can download apps from Google Play to enhance their driving experience, such as Spotify, YouTube Music, Audible, and more.
The 2024 Rogue also offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard features on all grades, allowing drivers to connect their smartphones and access their favorite apps on the touchscreen. The S and SV grades have wired connectivity, while the SL and Platinum grades have wireless connectivity.
The 2024 Rogue also has some enhancements to the Platinum trim, which is the most luxurious and feature-packed option. The Platinum trim now has gloss-black fender, lower exterior and front fascia trim pieces, a new 19-inch wheel design, and a new available Chestnut brown leather upholstery with a richer, darker color. The Platinum trim also comes with a head-up display, a wireless charging pad, a Bose premium sound system, and a digital dashboard.
What Remains the Same in the 2024 Nissan Rogue?
The 2024 Rogue retains the same powertrain as the previous model, a 1.5-liter Variable Compression Turbo (VC-Turbo) producing 201 horsepower and 225 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that delivers smooth and responsive performance. The Rogue also offers three drive modes: Sport, Standard, and Eco, which adjust the throttle response, steering feel, and transmission tuning to suit different driving preferences. The Rogue has a front-wheel drive configuration as standard, but an all-wheel drive system is available as an option on all grades for $1,500.
The 2024 Rogue also maintains the same fuel economy ratings as the previous model, which are the best among gas-engine compact SUVs. The Rogue has an EPA-estimated 27 mpg city, 35 mpg highway, and 30 mpg combined for the front-wheel drive models and 26 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, and 29 mpg combined for the all-wheel drive models.
The 2024 Rogue also continues to offer the Nissan Safety Shield 360 as a standard feature on all grades, which is a suite of six advanced safety technologies that help protect drivers and passengers from potential hazards. The Nissan Safety Shield 360 includes:
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, which can detect a potential frontal collision with another vehicle or a pedestrian and apply the brakes to avoid or reduce the impact.
- Blind Spot Warning, which can alert the driver if a vehicle is detected in the blind spot area on either side of the Rogue.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which can warn the driver of approaching vehicles when backing out of a parking spot or driveway.
- Lane Departure Warning, which can alert the driver if the Rogue drifts out of its lane without signaling.
- High Beam Assist, which can automatically switch between high and low beams depending on the traffic and lighting conditions.
- Rear Automatic Braking, which can detect stationary objects behind the Rogue and apply the brakes to prevent a collision.
The 2024 Rogue also offers some additional driver assistance technologies as optional features, such as:
- ProPILOT Assist, which is available in the SV, SL, and Platinum grades, provides steering assistance and intelligent cruise control for highway driving. ProPILOT Assist can help the driver maintain a set speed and distance from the vehicle ahead and keep the Rogue centered in its lane, even on curves.
- ProPILOT Assist 1.1, which is available on the SL and Platinum grades, adds navigation data to the ProPILOT Assist system. ProPILOT Assist 1.1 can help the driver proactively adjust the Rogue’s speed ahead of freeway interchanges and curves and suggest lane changes when approaching a slower vehicle.